Tuesday, June 28, 2016

Amantha Imber Of Inventium: Let's Rethink How Science Is Promoted To Women - FORBES

by Kavi Guppta
Originally published: June 27, 2016
Publisher: Forbes.com 

How I’m Informed is a look into the reading and learning habits of people from all walks of life.

Dr Amantha Imber is the Founder of Inventium, Australia’s leading innovation consultancy. Her latest book, The Innovation Formula, tackles the topic of how organisations can create a culture where innovation thrives.

What is your daily reading habit?

When I am queueing for a (decaf) coffee and also when I’m brushing my teeth, my go-to reading habit is whatever articles I have saved to my Pocket App. These typically include research articles in innovation, psychology, and entrepreneurship from places like HBR, Sciencedaily.com, and Forbes.

My favourite source for inspiration is Springwise.com. I’ve been a subscriber for many years, and it contains new and interesting business ideas that are happening all over the world.

Finally, I’m a veracious book reader so at night, I always set aside 1-2 hours to read. Recently, I’ve been consuming “Decisive” (LOVE anything by the Heath brothers), “The hard thing about hard things” by Ben Horowitz, and “Sprint” by Jake Knapp and two of his colleagues from Google Ventures.