Wednesday, June 22, 2016

Changing Tomorrow – Women in Business Turning the Tide - WE ARE THE CITY

Originally published: June 21, 2016
Publisher: WeAreTheCity.com 

I refuse to be disheartened with all the figures and stats emphasising gender inequalities for women in business.

Women in business were, for a long time, not given the opportunities to fully show their talents and abilities within the workplace, but gradually the barriers are coming down. After all, there is no monopoly on creativity.

It’s true, I’m discouraged that women still have a long way to go in minimising the average gender pay gap of 19%. It’s true, I’m depressed that women on FTSE boards make up only 26% and that generally women are working in lower paid sectors for less money. It’s true, I’m indignant that too few women end up running top companies and that their participation in the workforce drops after childbearing, never to catch up. All true, but I refuse to be disheartened.