Friday, August 5, 2016

University of Moncton student says school refuses to accommodate learning disability - CTV NEWS

Originally published: August 3, 2016
Publisher: CTVnews.ca

A second-year nursing student at the University of Moncton says the school has refused to accommodate her learning disability and even threatened to expel her as she pursues a formal complaint.

Brigid Stanford-Finnerty has been diagnosed with ADHD and anxiety. She says she is facing a lost year of schooling because of a failing grade in her clinical trials – something she says she could have passed had she been given additional time.

“I can attain the objectives. It just takes me a little bit longer during a regular shift,” says Stanford-Finnerty. “I end at the same time as everyone else, it’s just to master those techniques, as I’m a tactile learner, it takes me a few more practices.”