Friday, February 24, 2017

Millennials, Don't Make This Mistake When Applying For A Job - FORBES

by Jules Schroeder 
Originally published: February 20, 2017
Publisher: Forbes.com 

When I was 19 I had my first and only 9-5 job. Despite being in college I convinced this sales recruiter to hire me on during the summer on a 60k a year starting salary, earning myself as their youngest employee.

Each morning I would get up in my business dress and drive an hour in traffic each way, only to sit at my desk for eight hours amongst people that were at least ten years older than me. Needless to say I quit after two weeks and didn’t even see my first paycheck. You couldn’t have paid me enough to stay.

At the time I didn’t know I was making the #1 mistake that most Millennials today are making when entering the workforce.