Wednesday, April 26, 2017

LGBT tech leader takes Digital Pride in diversity in the workplace - COMPUTER BUSINESS REVIEW

by Ellie Burns
Originally published: April 26, 2017
Publisher: CBRonline.com 

Diversity and inclusion is a topic which I love to champion here at CBR, but I hold my hands up at the fact that I have been far from diverse in the topics which I have covered. Of course, I have done this unconsciously, with much of the diversity discourse geared towards gender and women in technology. However, this week an event has thrown the spotlight onto another minority group, the LGBT community.

Digital Pride, billed as the online global pride movement and spearheaded by Gay Star News, aspires to be the Pride where nobody is left out and has bold ambitions to become the biggest LGBTI Pride event in the world. Now in its second year, Digital Pride’s 2016 debut reached over 25 million people in 240 countries around the world, offering everyone an equal part in the celebrations via a computer or smartphone.