Thursday, April 27, 2017

Why I Volunteer: When Men Step Up - GOOD MEN PROJECT

by Heath Henwood
Originally published: April 26, 2017
Publisher: GoodMenProject.com 

Like most people, I tend to get extremely busy. Yet I feel a calling to be involved in the community.

With precious time, I am careful where I invest my energy, and who I volunteer for. However, I see the importance of volunteering, and the impact I have on the community.

Community groups and organizations will always say that they have a need for more volunteers, particularly, leaders. People who can cast vision, walk the hard yards to carry an organization when things get difficult.

Every organization goes through struggling times, particularly in the area of finding workers, for people to take on the less glamorous roles. So volunteers are needed who will dedicate their time and effort, to a cause and for a purpose for a longer duration.