Friday, May 19, 2017

Equality in the workplace is lagging behind again. This should not happen in the 21st century - INSIDER

by KRISTY DORSEY
Originally published: May 18, 2017
Publisher: Insider.co.uk 

When I was growing up, my mother was forging a career in human resources that brought her in regular contact with the barriers women encounter in moving up the management ranks.

Though I didn't totally understand all the issues at that time, her frustration on occasions was evident – but it was also clear that she believed these were problems that I wouldn't have to contend with in my working life.

She's now retired, and I'm mid-way through my career as a business journalist where I am still writing regularly about gender balance, pay gaps and the host of networks and initiatives on the go to combat these inequalities.