Friday, July 21, 2017

Get On-Board With Workplace Diversity Immediately Or Risk Becoming Irrelevant - HUFFINGTONPOST

by David Rowen
Originally published: July 19, 2017
Publisher: Huffingtonpost.ca

With over 20 years of professional investment experience, I view my participation in this great industry as a privilege. As such, I make myself available to those seeking some wisdom and guidance in pursuing a career in finance. In many cases, the people that reach out to me are newcomers to North America. Sometimes I sense that they feel disadvantaged for being born and raised abroad. Immediately, I put this concern to rest by telling them that "different is beautiful."

At no other time in history has investing been as much of an international discipline as it is today. In fact, my conviction is that as each month goes by that any entity adhering to sub-optimal ethnic and gender diversity hiring practices will soon find themselves left markedly behind.