Friday, July 14, 2017

Why I wrote to 200 companies asking them to set female targets - WOMEN'S AGENDA

by Debby Blakey 
Originally published:  July 13, 2017
Publisher: WomensAgenda.com 

When I started my career, female CEOs and executives were few and far between.
Even now, years later, when I sit in a room of business leaders, I am quite often one of only a handful of women in the room. While it’s important to acknowledge progress, albeit slow, corporate Australia still has a long way to go.

I’ve written on behalf of the organisation I lead, HESTA, to all companies in the S&P/ASX 200, calling for them to set specific targets and timeframes for the number of women they have employed in senior executive roles.

More women in these roles is critically important to improving diversity in Australia’s biggest companies.