Friday, August 4, 2017

5 Tips For Individuals With Autism On Finding Employment - HUFFINGTONPOST

by Kerry Magro 
Originally published: August 2, 2017
Publisher: Huffingtonpost.com 

At 25, one of my first dreams came true on finding a full-time job. 21 years before that happened I was diagnosed with autism. At the age of 4 I took on the full-time job of going from therapy appointment to therapy appointment to help myself progress. I knew that my mindset had to be on working on my therapy though. Today I can say that I’ve overcome many of my challenges and now have 5 jobs today as a professional speaker, author, consultant, TV talk show host and non-profit founder.

Employment of those with disabilities is a huge topic we discuss with companies today. We often do this during the month of October that has been designated by the Department of Labor as National Disability Employment Awareness Month (NDEAM). When we consult, we tend to actually collaborate with many young adults with autism. In the hopes of spreading an education and helping even more of those on the spectrum I wanted to share some tips on how to find employment today from my experiences…

Find Your Passion And Maximize It.